Located on Monte Amiata, in southern Tuscany, Castello Di Potentino is an organic farm that produces award-winning wines and olive oil and where you will find a private chapel and a wonderful garden.
The rooms are characterized by different designs, some with exposed wooden beams and others with frescoed ceilings, and all boast period furniture and a great charm of the ancient world.
A breakfast consisting of bread, jam, fruit and yogurt is served in the breakfast room each morning. The staff will be happy to organize wine tastings and other excursions in the castle and surrounding area.
Castello Di Potentino is a 5-minute drive from the village of Seggiano and a 20-minute drive from the Abbey of Sant'Antimo. It offers free parking. A bus stop is 1 km away and will take you to Grosseto in 1 hour.
Outdoor pool (seasonal) with shallow water area, WiFi internet available for free in public areas.
The Castle of Potentino, an 11th century castle at the foot of Monte Amiata, is located in what has been called "the last unknown pocket of Tuscany". Turning around the steep dirt road that leads to the property, one perceives a departure from modern life to something simpler and more pure. The castle is immersed in an organic vineyard that borders centuries-old olive groves and views of a landscape largely unchanged for hundreds of years. A deep gorge lies on one side, similar to a moat and hides a waterfall in the trees. The owner and the mother live in one wing of the castle, extremely discreet figures, who use separate spaces from the guests and who are available for any request or need.
The castle is truly out of the way even though it is in Tuscany. It is very close to Seggiano, in Italy and to Monte Amiata.
- 10 in the main castle (can accommodate up to 20 people)
- 2 apartments (2-8 people)
- Swimming Pool: There is a well designed swimming pool on a hill adjacent to the castle, surrounded by an olive grove and the perfect place to watch the sunset with a glass of Potentino wine.
- Wine / food tasting: Wine tastings, lunches or dinners can be organized at the castle. 5 varieties of wines are produced in Potentino together with grappa and olive oil. Everything available for purchase.
-Things to do in the area: The call of the castle will most likely convince you to relax and enjoy the spirit of the place. But if you want to make Potentino your base camp, many of the following cities and attractions are grouped together in a way that makes it easy to organize several day trips.
To the north:
- Romanesque abbey of Sant'Antimo (25 minutes)
- Montalcino (30 minutes)
- Pienza (45 minutes)
- Montepulciano (1 hour from the castle, 15 minutes from Pienza)
- La Foce designed by Iris Origo (45 minutes)
- Siena (1 hour and 20 minutes)
- Thermal springs of Bagno Vignoni (30 minutes)
- Thermal springs of Bagni San Filippo (40 minutes)
- Terme di Saturnia (1 hour)
- Orvieto (1.5 hours)
Sign up to receive our offers and news